Charles Bridgers graduated from Emory University with a double major in history and biology. He received his law degree from Georgia State University College of Law and obtained his law license in 1993, which qualified him to practice before all Georgia state courts. He also holds a license to appear before the U.S. district courts for the northern and middle districts of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd, 6th and 11th districts.
He has been practicing law in Atlanta since he graduated cum laude from Georgia State University School of Law in 1993. Mr. Bridgers handles civil litigation for employees, executives, and employers having served as counsel in over 600 federal litigation matters including approximately 350 Fair Labor Standard Act cases. He is experienced in complex labor and employment matters; employment contract issues including non-competition, trade secrets, and other restrictive covenants; as well as the Fair Labor Standards Act. Mr. Bridgers also applies his experience in litigating problems to assist executives and employers to avoid disputes through initial employment agreements and, if necessary, through negotiation of fair severance agreements. He also organizes and advises a variety of exempt non-profit and religious organizations.
Mr. Bridgers serves as general counsel for several Atlanta businesses and is former local and conflict counsel for major national law firms.
Charles holds an AV / Preeminent rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory and has been selected as a Georgia Superlawyer.
- Employment and Labor Law
- FLSA/Wage and Hour Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Negotiation of Employment and Severance Agreements
- Non-Profit Formation and Governance
Admitted to Practice:
- All state courts in Georgia
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- The U. S. Courts of Appeals for the 3rd, 6th and 11th Circuits
- Chair of the Board of Trustees of NovusWay, a multi-state camping organization
- Synod Attorney, Southeastern Synod of the ELCA
- Former Vice-Chair of Inspiritus, a statewide provider of social services for adoptions, refugee services, foster care, family intervention, and disaster services
- Member, Georgia Salzburger Society
- Member, NELA-GA